Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Moon Beam

I think one of the most wonderful feelings is being able to sit outside under the moon without a coat. Last night was one of those nights. It is en exhilarating feeling, basking in  the moon's deep glow. The sympathy of crickets provides the perfect backdrop music.  All over the city people go about their lives, under the watchful eyes of the stars. Sometimes I look up at the moon and I feel like it is casting it's glow directly at me. When I was a child, I felt sorry for the rest of the world because I thought that the sun chose only me to shine on. The moon chose me to watch over. Oh, the egocentric thoughts of a child. 
  But  even still there are times, times like last night, under the moon, out on my back porch, with a few friends, a bottle of red wine, that I still feel like the moon is only shining on me. Or perhaps I now recognize that feeling to be not the moon, but God;  blessing me with life and friendships and laughter. As a child, I sensed that God was watching over me. Now I know He is. And I smile at the thought of that.  

No comments:

Post a Comment